A message from ...

If I wanted to be religious, spiritual or believe in destiny ... these past weeks in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda have given me several opportunities.

The first days in Nairobi just before Christmas I met two friends coincidentally - I had lost contact with both of them, though we all are in each others Facebook-archives.

In Kampala Charles pulls by me in Kabalagala - I had actually thought I had lost him, because his phone was off when I was in Kampala in April. He was one of my first friends in Uganda, Ugandan friends - I mean. We used to meet in the evenings in Kabalagala together with other friends: Joseph, Richard (before he died), Francis ... Charles always told one incredible story after another. They were all definitely on the borderline of we in Europe regard as the truth - but here where storytelling is the core of communication the truth does not make a lot of sense.

The very evening that I return to Nairobi I meet Jack – by coincident in a City of 4 mill. people in Nakumatt Lifestyle in the center of town next to Terminal Hotel where I am staying. He is a Kenyan comedian, who came to Denmark and performed during the African Festival in Det Poetiske Bureau in Copenhagen.

I am not sure how to interpret these encounters – but I am quite sensitive to them and want them to be arguments for coming back here to live but coincident is part of life and if you look for them and sample them in bundles then they will grow beyond comprehension.

Comprehension is my preference no matter if it is beyond, across, underneath, above, before or inside out comprehension.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bazungus in Kampala

Africa does not exist

26/3 07 The Library (cont)

Tanzania I - Swahili man

Meeting Uganda and "the other"