3rd date disappointments..

They have been going out a couple of times. Every time she brought some of her girlfriends along. He was not sure if it was a test. The first thought is always, that she is not comfortable to be alone with him, because they hardly know each other. Her girlfriends are protection against everything between awkward silence and rape. She doesn't bring the same girlfriends the second time, which makes him suspicious. Is she trying to fix him up with one of them? When it comes down to facts he wished that it had been the girlfriend from the first date. He liked Carol very much, and he even had fantasies about her. If it had been me, I would not have brought Carol along the second time. It is no mystery. On the second date she really tried to fix me up with one of her girlfriends. But that was maybe just a test? or? I didn't accept. The third date was very different. We were alone. Finally she went out with me - just me. I felt honored. There was a lot of silence. She wanted to know more about me. There is a tendency between us that we are always very trilled to meet each other, but when we actually meet, we get somehow disappointed in each other. It was more obvious on the third date, because we were alone with each other. It is not an unusual experience for me.I have that effect on many women. In the beginning I am interesting and different, but on the third date they realise that I am not kind of man that they want to settle down with. She said it herself: "All women want comfort". Whatever that means. I guess it means security - in the many different interpretations of the word. Either way I don't care much about security and comfort. Not that I mind, but it just don't come to my mind. After the third date I realize, that it is all about her security, and then it is too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bazungus in Kampala

Africa does not exist

26/3 07 The Library (cont)

Tanzania I - Swahili man

Meeting Uganda and "the other"