9/8 05 Kazo

Grandmother is always sitting in the same spot.
She does not want a fence along the road.
Grandfather suggested it out of love,
so she would get peace,
but she wants to shout at everybody who pass on the road.
Grandfather is a small man without many words
he keeps quiet and takes a drink on the way home.
She talks all day.

The eyes smile when I come to visit.
We don't talk together,
because I can only greet her.
She continues talking in a language I will never know.
In between she mentions my Wife's name
and laughs very loud.
Her whole body moves in excitement
finally she points in one direction to show me
my Wife.

Her Grandchild is sitting aside on the Veranda
smiling as only big love can.
Her eyes concentrate
all the moral pride
that runs from her heart.
I know
what it means.
She is silent as Grandfather's steps around the corner.
I have to know what she feels.
Her eyes will never reveal her mind.

Only Equator's sun can make you so beautiful.
It must be the reason for her black shine under my breath
The sun has melted
under the skin on black flesh
fried on the fire from a white man's fly.

Her eyes is waiting for mine.
We know what the waves do
we believe the sweat
we exchanges at night
will link us forever.
We move slowly
as if we know our direction.
There is a lot more
between us

than we will ever find.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bazungus in Kampala

Africa does not exist

26/3 07 The Library (cont)

Tanzania I - Swahili man

Meeting Uganda and "the other"