12/11 05 The woman I love

I will marry this woman because she is the only one of all the women I have known that truly believe in something - she rescued me from being trapped in the small minority I was born into and welcomed me to the world where most people exist. She saved me from a sudden death in a world where nobody seem to feel mercy anymore and offered me a space in her world where every new day is different story.
This is not to offend you. It is not, because it was not real. I don't mean it as a an rejection of what we shared in the past. I am just saying that I never felt like this. It is not a very good explanation and I don't need one. I realised that this is not the time to talk.
She was right when she asked me to watch her and I try to do it. I listen to the astonishment in her voice when she speaks and I feel her temper breathing. Suddenly she talks very fast and looks around and gets very surprised because she is different from anybody else. In eternity she whispers to herself that she can't understand why the other girls fight and yet she sees very clearly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bazungus in Kampala

Africa does not exist

26/3 07 The Library (cont)

Tanzania I - Swahili man

Meeting Uganda and "the other"