Welcome back ... home

Really it is the same every time I return. They are just rephrasing themselves slightly. He writes to me, that I can just sound in, when I arrive. I always do that, and no matter how busy they both are, there will be some space for me.

One day another friend passes by in the hotel in town, where I am coincidentally sitting that evening. He comes to perform, but he says he has come to see me. My sister next to me is laughing, while saying that he is lying. Everybody around the table smile. A little later my friend goes to stage and dedicate a song to me.

I keep coming back with the intention of given all they gave back to them, but I always end up being giving so much more. In the absence of other alternatives I will just have to keep coming back. In that way we can continue showing each other the respect we deserve.

This is the reason, why I am here.

Nothing less, nothing more, nothing else.

Respecting, cherishing, pleasing, honouring, worshiping ... Africa as she chooses to show herself to me and the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bazungus in Kampala

Africa does not exist

26/3 07 The Library (cont)

Tanzania I - Swahili man

Meeting Uganda and "the other"