Little Ethiopia

He wants me to go to Ethiopia with him ... but I have been there already ... for two weeks ... it is never enough. Here is a new Etiopian restaurant every time I come back. Even upstairs in Kabalagala where the Congolese used to have fun.

The Etiopians make good coffee. So I go there every morning to have my cup and read the newspapers. The food is good as well. Very nicely spiced. Always served on a soft floffy pancake that looks and feels like a towel, but after getting used to it, you do not think about eating something, that could have been drying your dishes. The people are light brown and carry a self-esteem unusual for the region in general. They are said never to have been colonized, but the Italians were in Ethiopia, which should be no secret, when you analyse the culture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bazungus in Kampala

Africa does not exist

26/3 07 The Library (cont)

Tanzania I - Swahili man

Meeting Uganda and "the other"