Coming and going

I like to come back and don't mind leaving for a while. But the best things always arise in the last moments. Work as well as women. The women I meet now are more classy, though I still find young prostitutes that hope I am a nice guy who will marry her and take her out of misery. I meet her in the same places, Once her name was Brenda. Today she is Sharon. She pretends to be free, but there will always be a white guy that she will have to go with. This time she is terrified when she sees him and whisper how he will beat her. It is no different from every other time.

I am a promise of better fortune - in her eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bazungus in Kampala

Africa does not exist

26/3 07 The Library (cont)

Tanzania I - Swahili man

Meeting Uganda and "the other"